Sunday, January 28, 2018

Rocky and Led Zeppelin


I just wanted to share a few pictures of Rocky and Zep too, so you guys don't think they are ignored.


Rocky giving his classic side eye while I photograph his icky coat.  They sure love winter mud lol.

 Zeppy is so cute.


He's still as feral as ever.  I'm beginning to think the only way I'll be able to tame him is if I trap him in a stall.... maybe when we finish building the barn I can try it.  I just don't 100% trust him because he has kicked and threatened to bite before.  Hopefully if trucks and tractors will stop breaking and if animals will stop needing vets maybe I can get him gelded finally.  That should help.  I know someone who had a twenty something year old jack that they gelded and it completely changed his personality, even though he had been breeding for years.  Zep has never been bred so maybe the change will be even more drastic.  We shall see. 

4 comments:

  1. what he wants is more control of his life, not less. Mustang Training Camp has successfully trained hundreds of wild horses and burros with scientific methods, no chasing, roping, round penning. "Our positive reinforcement training methods take horse taming out of the realm of a dying cowboy art and putting it squarely into 21st century training technology." https://www.mustangcamp.org/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm aware of that. I use positive reinforcement training. The reason I need him in a stall if to keep all of the other animals away from him while I'm working with him. Have you ever tried to tame an animal in a pasture full of other horses and goats?

      Delete
  2. I'm totally on board with the castration - a lot of hormones often behind aggression (as you well know).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely! I had to pay a huge mechanic bill on the truck just to find out the whole engine needs replaced, but I am saving up again to get Zep gelded. It's way past time!

      Delete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)