Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Chrome Ride 150 - 100 Ride Challenge Ride 1


I finally got on my horse!!  This is only the second time I've been on him since last July.  The first time was a couple of months ago and was only for about a minute.  Today I rode twenty minutes.  There isn't much to say because all we did was walk around, with a couple of short trots and some work on backing up with his head down.  He felt good.  Not lame at all, although his stifles are a bit stiff.  The lack of riding hasn't helped his loose stifles.  He was a bit looky, but didn't spook.  There aren't a lot of horses that you can hop on bareback in a halter after seven months of no riding, so I was proud of him even though we didn't do much.  I'm so happy to be back to riding!

It was late so the pictures aren't great.  I had a really bad headache and a crick in my neck, but it actually wasn't raining so I decided I better just jump on.  If I keep waiting for the perfect riding weather I won't ride all winter...  oh and don't judge me on how filthy he is!!  I didn't have time to groom him before I rode or it would have been full dark by the time I got on!

 Sniffing the cat.

Sorry for the short post.  Hopefully I'll have more interesting stuff to post about soon.  Just waiting on that longer daylight.... I hope you guys are all having fun and doing well.  I'll try to get caught up on blogs.  I'm so behind it seems impossible, but I'll keep trying.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the ride being so great, it is nice having a horse that can be dependable haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked reading your post! Nice to read that you had a fun ride together. You got some very nice pictures:)
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)