Monday, December 22, 2014

TOABH: Shining Star


The next installment of Beka's blog hop is:  Shining Star
Let's talk about the biggest achievements your horse has accomplished.  I'm not talking about you as a rider - I want to know what your ponykins has done to make you proud.  Is there a glorious satin collection, did he/she figure out some dressage movement that took months to learn, or are is it just a great day when your butt stays in the saddle?

 This one is hard!!!  Most of our accomplishments have been me getting over my fear more than him doing anything out of the ordinary.  :)  Of the things he's accomplished they all feel big to me, so I'm just going to be lighthearted and share some of the things he's accomplished recently.


Probably one of the biggest is that he finally walked into water with me on his back.  He has refused to go into water on several occasions, so I really wasn't expecting him to actually go in.  Then of course, he proceeded to lay down and I slipped off and drowned my camera because I was using a saddle pad with no girth... haha.  Nothing's perfect hehe.


There was the huge stalemate though.  It was actually the two inches of mud he was refusing to go into, but with help from hubby he finally walked through.  Since then we've been through it several times, no big deal.


Another big accomplishment is conquering his fears on the road.  He's always been a confident horse... with me on the ground!  Once I was in the saddle he suddenly turned into a spooky horse.  We've come a long way (it's a work in progress) toward him trusting me under saddle.  :)


Another big one is him walking on the buckle by unfamiliar horses!!  He gets very excited around other horses, so this was HUGE!  :D


He did great riding with other horses too.  Totally exceeded my expectations!  He's so awesome!


Another huge accomplishment is that he stopped trying to kill the goats!!!  Hehe!  He doesn't try to kill the dog anymore either.  My boy is truly growing up!  :D


Our latest accomplishment is that we found his huge trot under saddle and I have a riding picture I actually like!  ;)

So that probably wasn't really what the blog hop was about, but it's the best I have!  Even if his accomplishments aren't that big I'm still proud of him for taking care of me when I'm being a big baby.

6 comments:

  1. Your accomplishments are huge lady! You're doing it all on your own - you should be very proud of yourself and Chrome! Merry Christmas!

    BTW - I checked out the bite I have, and they are all 6 inches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm 6 inches! If this one doesn't work out I'll get back with you. This one is a 5.5" and it looks pretty good in his mouth, but I thought the other one did too lol. I'm just going to let him tell me if he likes it. So far, so good. Thank you!!! Merry Christmas!!

      Delete
  2. i think this totally counts for the hop! he's accomplished so much in a short time!! and yay for not trying to kill those goats any more lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo Chrome, fab accomplishments. These totally count and are even more impressive due to you achieving them on your own

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)