Tuesday, July 1, 2014

VCMBH: Interested Parties

L. over at Viva Carlos has another blog hop!  She said:  "So way back in week seven of this tortuously long blog hop I have going we talked about the Pros of our current horse. Some of us experienced these pros after buying our horse. Now I am curious, what made you interested in your current horse that lead you to buying them in the first place?"

Actually when I started looking for Friesian crosses in my state (not many at all!) it was a different colt that I was inquiring about based just on a written description (the sale site didn't have pictures).  It was a black colt sired by a Friesian stallion (Chrome's dad) and out of a black Tennessee Walker mare.  Mare is 16hh and sire is 16.1hh.  He sounded perfect.  Sadly when I called I found out that he was promised to someone else.  :(

I was originally going to move on to a different breeder because the only other colt she had was out of a 14.3hh gray Arabian mare.  I didn't want a short horse or a gray horse.  She asked me to at least consider him and told me how great his mom is so I said, okay send me pictures and videos.


When she sent me this picture it was basically love at first sight!!!  I'm no expert, but he was one of the best conformed weanlings I think I had ever seen... and look at that face!!!!  Then she sent the videos and I was sold.  I looked for the videos, but I can't find them.  I think they are on my other computer.  I might try to post them someday.  In the video she trotted him around the round pen so I could see his big, floating trot.  I got to see him get led around and fly sprayed.  He was such a good boy.

I figured size and color weren't that big of a deal and decided to get him.  All I have to say is man I'm SO GLAD I DID!!!!!  He's the best horse I've ever had the pleasure of being around.  He's so smart, curious, confident and personable. I love him!

Thank you for the awesome blog hop L!  Everyone, if you decide not to join the blog hop I would love it if you would share your story in the comments.  :D

9 comments:

  1. He was a darn cute foal! Can't blame you for falling in love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have fallen so far behind on your blog & cannot wait to catch up sooner rather than later - but i truly loved reading this story!
    You guys were meant to be
    *HEART*

    ReplyDelete
  3. He really was a nice foal and is a gorgeous horse! I can totally see how you fell in love with him :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have totally fallen in love with him! What great conformation!! Plus I adore grey horses :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have wanted that foal!!! It is funny how we might not end up with our first choice, but the one we get is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh he was a really good looking foal!!!

    Love at first site :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)