Monday, October 22, 2012

Chrome is better! And trimmed!

My farrier came out and trimmed Chrome.  He did pretty good (he was itching) and put weight on his foot while his other hooves were trimmed.  :D  She showed me where the abscess blew (I was wrong lol) and it's over an inch wide!  It must have been a huge abscess, poor baby.  It's also in the heel bulb so that's probably one reason he was so sore.  The thing that made me super happy though was when I kicked him out of the round pen so we could trim Faran in peace.  Chrome spent the whole time playing with Led Zeppelin!!!  They trotted, spun circles, reared and did lots of biting.  Chrome even kicked Zep.  :D  They had a ball!  I'm so happy he feels better.  In the words of my best friend, "Chrome don't you ever scare us like that again!!!!!"  Thanks for all your support guys!

P.S.  I promise I have not forgotten about his progress report that was supposed to have been done on the nineteenth, I've just been super busy and stressed (not to mention he was lame).  I will get it done tomorrow if the weather holds out.  I'm curious to see if he's grown.  I might even check how tall his hips are for fun.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay I'm so glad to hear he's healing up and back to goofing around with Zep! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Glad that he's doing so much better.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)