Monday, May 7, 2012

Hobby Horse Blog Hop 11

Here are the rules: Answer one or all of the prompts. Link back to Living a Dream's post. Visit other blogs. And don't forget to ask a question of everyone else!


1. Imagine that you are in an arena (or in some other training situation) and an instructor is talking to you. What is it that he/she reminds you to do?  Haha!  My trainer always said "heavy elbows, light hands"!  All the time!  I'm bad about pulling down on the reins and collapsing my wrists so that was her way of reminding me to carry my hands.  Sitting up straight is probably the other one.  I miss taking dressage lessons!! 

2. Tell about an "Aha!" moment when it all came together and you felt absolutely, positively, button-bursting happy and proud. One of my most exciting and proud aha moments was during a dressage lesson on one of my favorite horses ever (16.1hh black Thoroughbred/Appaloosa).  We were riding in the outdoor arena which has a little bit of a slope and we were working on the canter (I think this was the first time I cantered this specific horse).  He had a tendency to fall on his forehand and rush around the circle if he didn't get a lot of support (strong half-halts!!).  After some hard work I finally got him for half a circle at the canter.  It was so amazing!!!!!  The memory is a little bittersweet though because that was my last lesson on him.  I was borrowing him while he was up for sale and they finally sold him . . . I didn't find out until I showed up for my lesson and he was gone.  :(  I think he was the only horse that I truly loved that didn't belong to me.  I miss him! 

3. What event or activity are you looking forward to? Easy question!!!  Riding Chrome!!  For the first time!!  On May nineteenth!  :D

Now my question . . .

If you like to trail ride, what is your biggest pet peeve from your fellow riders (not the horses, but the actual riders, friends and strangers)?  

(note: even if you don't join the blog hop you can leave a comment and answer any or all of the questions!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)