Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring Grazing



I let Chrome graze in the front yard the other day because I'm putting off mowing for as long as possible and I thought he might enjoy some yummy, green grass. He did fantastic and never batted an eye at the traffic driving by. Enjoy the pictures!


Checking out the sidewalk, rock wall and the dog.


I don't think he's ever dragged a rope before so it took him a bit to figure that out.


Zeppelin was jealous, but since he won't let me touch him he's just gonna have to miss out.



Sorry for the short post. :) Haven't been up to much lately other than spending lots and lots of time currying the shedding colt. His summer coat is coming in beautifully! The fur is coming in dark so he's not going to be one of those horses who turns gray in their second year thank goodness. ;D I just really hope he dapples out eventually because dappled grays are gorgeous!

2 comments:

  1. Yep, he's a pretty baby, as I've said before! Poor Zep. Was he from a rescue or wild, or what? I can't remember reading about that. We have some BLM donkeys come in around here that people can get, but they are totally wild and take a while to bring around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got Zep from a family who had no idea what they were doing and had not handled him at all so he's familiar with humans, but not tame if that makes any sense. I consider him a rescue because the situation he was in was not a very nice one.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)